Federal Government Scholarship 2019/2020 | Apply for Federal Government of Nigeria board Scheme Online – www.education.gov.ng
Federal government of Nigeria scholarships for 2019/2020 that’s what we are going to discuss on this page.
A lot of Nigerians undergraduate don’t even know that the Federal government has a scheme designed to help them finance their education, those who are aware of the existence of such scheme don’t really know how to apply while some are still asking about the requirements for eligibility.
Should in case you don’t know the Federal government of Nigeria awards scholarships to deserving students in various discipline on yearly basis this is aim at rewarding excellence among students . But before you can apply for this scholarship you need to meet certain requirements. Don’t worry we shall talk about the requirements you need to meet.
Programme under the federal government scholarships program 2019/2020
- i) Undergraduate (UG) studies: tenable in Russia, Morocco, Algeria, Serbia, Hungary, Egypt, Turkey, Cuba, Ukraine, Japan, and
- ii) Postgraduate (PG) studies tenable in Russia (for those whose first degrees were obtained from Russia), China, Hungary, Serbia, Turkey, Japan, Mexico, South Korea, e.t.c.
Federal government scholarships Requirements 2019/2020
- If you are applying as an undergraduate then you must be in your 200 level or second year not only that you must have a Cumulative Grade Points of 4.0.
- If you want to apply for a Postgraduate then you must have 2.1 or second class upper in your first degree
- Please note that applicants of both state and Federal government institutions are free to apply and you must be a registered member of your institution
All qualified candidates are advised to:
If you know you are eligible
- First you have to log on to education.gov.ng, which is the federal ministry of education official website, once it loads you will have to click on READ MORE
- What follows next is a guideline detailing what you should know about the federal government scholarship, read this document before you start your application process.
- After filling the application form, you now have to submit it, Don’t fail to print the completed form
- You have been advised to Submit two sets of the Printed Application Forms at the venue of the interview as scheduled
BEA SCHOLARSHIP VALUE
Candidates who eventually won the scholarship will end up receiving the following amount of money to fund their scholarship:
- $500 monthly for supplementation.
- $250 will be given to you yearly for your clothing expenses.
- $200 will be give to you to cover for health insurance.
- $500 yearly for medical scholars only.
- $1000 will also be given to all PG students as research grant.
- N100 000 – Take off for PG scholars were applicable
- N60 000 – Take off for UG scholars were applicable.
There are certain things you must know about the, Federal government scholarships. First you need to understand that this federal government scholarship program remains free of charge, you don’t go about inducing people with money or influencing your chances.
If eventually you are shortlisted and eventually won the federal government scholarship program, you will be fully funded to study in any institution of your choice listed under program.
A quick check on the country listed we discovered that most of them aren’t English speaking country. you don’t need to worry about this, you can still apply while you will be allowed to study the language of the host country for a period of one year.
Please note that the government of the host country will take care of accommodations rent and tuition fee.
VENUE OF INTERVIEW
You are all expected to show up for an interview in your respective zones, have it in mind that it’s compulsory for you to be at the interview. Although the date of the interview will be announce later.
From the information we got, it seems that you will be required to submit two application forms and you have to submit them along with these documents below:
- Two sets of Photocopies of Educational Certificates and Testimonials of previous schools attended with the originals for sighting;
- Note that only WAEC result will be accepted from you, other O level results like NECO etc won’t be accepted ;
- Come with your birth certificate at least two copies.
- State of Origin/LGA certificate duly signed, stamped and dated;
- Four (4) colourede passport sized photographs on white background; and
- If you are applying as a Postgraduate you will be required to submit your Academic transcripts and NYSC compulsory certificates.
NB: if it happens that you are nominated by the board, then you will be required to submit the following:
- your real or original credentials
- your International passport,;
- Medical Reports only from a Government owned Hospitals;
- Police report