federal government nationwide recruitment for graduate internship scheme (sure-p) 2018
This to announce to the general public that Graduate Internship Scheme (GIS) Registration is ongoing. The Graduate Internship Scheme (GIS) commenced in October, 2012 as a social safety net component of Subsidy Reinvestment and Empowerment Programme (SURE-P). It is implemented by the Federal Ministry of Finance with a mandate to provide short term employment for graduates. This programme is created by federal government to help Nigeria young graduates improve stand of living.
Graduate Internship Scheme (GIS) seeks to create opportunity for 50,000 eligible graduate youths to be placed as interns in reputable public/private sector firms to enhance building the man power requirement to drive the Nation’s Transformation Agenda and Vision 20:2020. This article contains procedure for registration and what you should know about Graduate Internship Scheme (GIS)
Graduate Internship Scheme (GIS) Registration – Steps To Apply
Below are steps to take for registration and what is required of you
The following are objective of Graduate Internship Scheme (GIS)
- The Scheme aims to achieve this by creating opportunity for them to be attached to firms or organizations, where they can work for year and enjoy a monthly stipend of N18,000. Such interns can use the opportunity to gain working experience and enhance their employability.
- The project has so far matched over 200 firms with about 1000 interns from the pool of about 85,000 graduates that have registered with the Scheme. The graduates have shown tremendous interest in the project by registering beyond the threshold of 50,000 allotted for the scheme in any given year. Deployment of such graduates is ongoing.
- The Scheme has three main objectives:
- To enhance the employability of up to 50,000 unemployed graduates in the 36 states of the Federation and the FCT through internship programs in pre-selected institutions; and
- • To reduce the vulnerability of unemployed graduates.
- • To build manpower base towards attaining national development operations.
- The project would like to see more buy-in from the firms as their participation is not commensurate with rate of graduate registration. The firms can reap many from engaging these graduates; they get to enjoy free labour at government expense as government will pay the monthly stipends of the interns, they get to select the best interns to join their workforce and they get a cost-free opportunity to render their Corporate Social Responsibility. The project is also planning other incentives like tax rebates for companies registered with the Project.
Graduate Internship Scheme (GIS) Registration Requirements
To register as a graduate for this scheme you must:
- Be a citizen of Nigeria (must provide a valid ID)
- Be between ages 18 – 40 years (must provide birth certificate)
- Have completed the mandatory NYSC or exempted.
- Be holder of a degree equivalent (e.g. BSc, BEng, BA, HND etc.) certificate or higher qualification.
- Have a recent passport type photo ready to be uploaded during online registration. Please note size of image must not exceed 99kb.
- Complete the online registration form.
- Make available ALL original documents for sighting at point of selection
Graduate Internship Scheme (GIS) Registration – Things You Should Know Before Registration
When applying for positions as a Graduate you must:
- Be available to work at the chosen business and location.
- Be willing to undertake a full 12 month placement; and
- Be prepared to comply with the employers’ safety and employment practices.
Payment of Interns
Payment of Intern will be undertaken directly by the PW/WYE PIU to the Graduate Intern.
Neither the Graduate nor the Employer are required to pay any fee for using the Graduate Intern Scheme service, and no fees, charges or commissions are to be paid to any party in relation to this scheme by the Graduate or the Employer.
Graduate Internship Scheme (GIS) Registration