Jamb caps portal 2018:jamb caps admission status – how to Check 2018/2019
UTME and Direct Entry Candidates who want to check their JAMB admission status can now visit the Central Admission Processing System portal (CAPS) introduced by JAMB to check their JAMB admission status. This will enable candidates to Accept/Reject admission offer by their chosen University.
How to Check Admission Status – Full Process.
- Ensure you have active data bundle.
- Open your favourite browser but I will advice you not to use Opera Mini.
- Visit the jamb caps admission checking portal using this link http://caps.jamb.gov.ng/acceptadmission.aspx. IF the first link does not work for you, use this one http://caps.jamb.gov.ng/app_candidates/candidateprofile.aspx
- Caps Central admission portal home page will open.
- Enter your Jamb registration number in the space where you will see UTME Registration Number.
- Click on the submit button.
- Your details including Jamb score, institution, date of birth,etc will appear.
- If you are given admission and you like the school then click on accept admission.
- If the institution and course space is blank or you have not been offered admission then don’t click on accept admission. Just keep checking back.
- Be very careful to to accept admission when you are not offered or when you have hope of gaining admission in a better school.
- Once you accept the admission offered you then you admission door is closed for that year
Note. Additional information on how to use JAMB CAPS before you accept or decline admission
(i) Institution forwards recommended list to JAMB desk officer
(ii) Desk officer processes recommended list and generates list of provisional admissions
(iii) JAMB contacts candidates to accept or decline admission
(iv) If candidate accepts, admission is concluded for candidate
(v) If candidate declines, s(he) is returned to market place for possible consideration by other institutions
Note: If your school is yet to release admission list, it will read: “admission in progress, check back later” under the tag ‘Admission Status’. In this case, you won’t be able to click on the ‘Accept admission’ or ‘Reject admission’ button. And don’t panic if you didn’t see ‘Accept admission’ or ‘Reject admission’ but continue to check CAPS website as the site is being uploaded daily as institutions forward recommended list to JAMB.
Some Frequently Asked Questions by candidates about JAMB CAPS and likely answers
(1) If you see “Subquery return more than 1 value…” when you tried to login. It may be that you use the same account for DE and UTME. Don’t Panic, it will be resolved.
(2) If you login and notice invalid credentials, check whether you input the correct Jamb registration number and password. Also try to change your password. But note, use a computer, immediately you click on reset password, Jamb will send a link to your e-mail address, go to your e-mail address and click on the reset password link for your to reset the password. The reset password link only have like 2-5minutes before it becomes inactive. Once you have done that you will be able to access your admission status with the new password you have reset.
(3) If you see “approved” on your CAPS dashboard, it means you have been offered admission
(4) If you see “”Admission in progress” on your dashboard, it means you should check back later
(5) If you mistakenly click on ‘accept admission’ and you haven’t been offered admission by your institution, there is no need to panic.