Lagos State University, LASU Post-UTME and Direct Entry forms for 2018/2019 admission screening is out. LASU cut-off mark for admission for 2018/2019 academic session has also been released.
The LASU Post-UTME (100 Level) and Direct Entry (200 Level) application forms, admission cut-off mark and screening dates are out. The 2018 LASU Post-UTME Cut-off mark is 190. Information on how to apply and application deadline have been published on LASU’s Post-UTME portal.
click here to see if LASU accept second choice candidates
Note: the post UTME screening form is not out now, we will update this post when it’s out… Make sure you follow us on Facebook
LASU Post-UTME Eligibility Criteria for 2017/18
The following are the categories of candidates who are eligible for LASU Post-UTME & DE for 2018/2019:
- Candidates who have chosen Lagos State University as their First Choice Institution in the 2017 Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examinations (UTME),
- have scored a minimum of 190 marks are eligible to participate in the Online Admission Screening Exercise.
- In addition, Candidates must be at least 16 years of age, by 1st October, 2017.
- ALL Pre-Degree Studies (PDS) students who have successfully completed their studies and wish to be considered for admission into Lagos State University in the 2017/2018 Academic Session, who must have chosen Lagos State University as their First Choice Institution in the 2017 Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examinations (UTME), and have scored a minimum of 190 marks are eligible to participate in the Online Admission Screening Exercise.
- ALL Direct Entry candidates, including LASU Foundation (JUPEB) Programme, who wish to be considered for admission into Lagos State University for the 2017/2018 Academic Session, who must have obtained Direct Entry Form from JAMB are also eligible and must apply for the screening exercise.
- Candidates of Lagos State Origin, for 100 & 200 Levels who have proved their claims before the Independent Indigeneship Verification Committee (IIVC) set up by the Lagos State University.
LASU Admission Cut-off Mark for 2018/2019
The Post-UTME cut-off mark for 2017/2018 admission is 190. All candidates should take note.
List of Accredited Lagos State University Courses
- – Arabic
- – English
- – Christian Studies
- – French
- – Islamic Studies
- – History & International Studies
- – Music
- – Theatre Arts
- – Portuguese / English
- – Philosophy
- – Yoruba
- – Arabic Education
- – Christian Studies Education
- – Islamic Studies Education
- – English Education
- – French Education
- – History Education
- – Yoruba Education
- – Biology Education
- – Chemistry Education
- – Mathematics Education
- – Physics Education
- – Physical & Health Education
- – Health Education
- – Computer Science Education
- – Educational Technology
- – Business Education
- – Accounting Education
- – Educational Management
- – Geography Education
- – Economics Education
- – Political Science Education
- – Law
4. SCHOOL OF AGRICULTURE
- – Agriculture
5. MANAGEMENT SCIENCES
- – Public Administration
- – Marketing
- – Accounting
- – Banking & Finance
- – Business Administration
- – Management Technology
- – Industrial Relations and Personnel Management
- – Insurance
6. SCHOOL OF COMMUNICATION
- – Mass Communication
- – Biochemistry
- – Botany
- – Chemistry
- – Fisheries
- – Mathematics
- – Microbiology
- – Physics
- – Zoology
- – Computer Science
8. COLLEGE OF MEDICINE
- – Medicine
- – Physiology
- – Dentistry
- – Nursing
9. SOCIAL SCIENCES
- – Geography & Planning
- – Psychology
- – Economics
- – Political Science
- – Sociology
10. SCHOOL OF TRANSPORT
- – Transport
- – Mechanical Engineering
- – Electronics & Computer Engineering
- – Chemical and Polymer Engineering
LASU Online Screening For All Candidates (UTME & Direct Entry)
- The Screening of Candidate(s) will be based on Point Grading System, using the UTME Score and SSCE (or equivalent) Grades in Five (5) BEST RELEVANT subjects to Candidate’s Choice of Course.
- The relevant subjects are obtainable from 2017 JAMB Brochure available online.
- Candidates are advised to visit JAMB website to study the O’ Level subject requirements for their Course of choice before participating in the online Admission Screening.
The Lagos State University Post-UTME/DE Point grading system is as follows:
O\LEVEL SSCE (WAEC/NECO/NABTEB) GRADING POINTS
- A1 -10
- A2 (B2)-9
- B3 -8
- C5 -6
TOTAL OBTAINABLE: 50 %
How To Apply For LASU Post-UTME/Direct Entry Screening For 2018/2019 Academic Session
The following are the steps to take in order to register for LASU Post-UTME screening exercise:
A. ONLINE PAYMENT
- Prospective Candidates will visit www.screening.lasu.edu.ng and select MAKE PAYMENT option in the drop down list at the top to PAY:
- i. non-refundable LASU Internet Access fee of N3,000;
- ii. and non-refundable Screening fee of N2,000.
- The Prospective Candidates would be required to submit the following:
- JAMB Registration Number
- Surname, First name, Middle name
- Email Address and telephone number (both must be active and personal to the applicant)
- Click on PROCEED
- On the next page, a TRANSACTION ID to be used for PAYMENT would be displayed. The candidate should copy this TRANSACTION ID and proceed for PAYMENT at http://www.quickteller.com/lasu
- On http://www.quickteller.com/lasu page,
- Click on PAY
- Enter your email address, GSM number.
- Also enter the Transaction ID copied in step 3 above
- Proceed to enter details of your ATM Card
- Click process payment
- Print your payment receipt from the screen. A transaction message will be sent to your email and GSM, hence the need to use your personal E-mail address and GSM number.
B. ONLINE REGISTRATION FOR ALL CANDIDATES
After successful payment for LASU 2018/2019 Online Admission Screening Exercise, return to screening.lasu.edu.ng and CLICK CONTINUE REGISTRATION Button to print your screening PIN.
Use your JAMB Registration Number AND the printed screening PIN to login to the LASU Online Screening Platform at https://services.lidc.lasu.edu.ng/admissionscreening for the screening after selecting UTME or Direct Entry (DE) Button.
- Carefully fill in your personal details as required
- Upload passport photograph NOT MORE THAN 20KB (JPEG)
- Save and proceed
- Carefully enter your UTME details
- Scan and Upload UTME result slip NOT MORE THAN 20KB (PDF)
- Save and proceed
- Select number of O’ Level sitting(s)
- Scan and Upload O’ Level result slip(s) NOT MORE THAN 20KB (PDF)
- Save and proceed
- Input required O’ Level details
- Save and proceed
- Candidates must possess Five (5) O’ Level Credits in subjects relevant to their desired course of study at not more than Two (2) sittings, except Medicine and Dentistry that require ONLY One (1) sitting.
- Candidates who wish to study any Engineering Course must possess Six (6) O’ Level Credits in Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, English Language, one Science subject and any other subject, ONLY if the O’ Level result used is Two (2) sittings.
- Candidates with Awaiting Result status are eligible to apply for the screening but the awaited result must be uploaded latest Friday, 15th September, 2017.
- Candidates with Awaiting Result status are also eligible to apply for the screening.
- Credit in English Language is compulsory for admission into all courses in Lagos State University.
- Candidates of Lagos State Origin who have proved their claims before the Independent Indigeneship Verification Committee (IIVC) MUST fill in their IIVC Code on the screening portal.
Note that ANY EXAMINATION TAKEN AFTER JULY 2018 IS NOT ACCEPTABLE.
Carefully preview all details supplied and CERTIFY that they are correct
Click the “I CERTIFY” button if you agree with all details as displayed in the Preview.
By ticking the “I Certify” button, the Candidate confirms that the screening will be premised ONLY on the supplied information as the screening decision is final. If you do not agree to the stated terms you will not be permitted to go beyond this point.
Click the “Continue” button
After submission, you will be redirected to the Screening Homepage
Enter your UTME REGISTRATION NUMBER then click DOWNLOAD RESULT to generate your SCREENING REPORT.
LASU Post-UTME/DE Registration Closing Date for 2017/2018 Session
Candidates should know that both payment and registration/updating would last for three weeks i.e. from Monday, 28th August to Friday, 15th September 2017 (12 midnight).
Please NOTE that the deadline (application closing date) for the Screening (Friday, 15th September, 2017) is STRICTLY adhered to, as there will be NO extension of the date.
All Online Screening complaints should be channeled to email@example.com.
lasu admission requirements,
lasu screening form 2018/2019,
lasu admission screening exercise portal,
lasu screening date 2018/2019,
lasu admission screening exercise portal